Today I want to visit with you about seasons of famine and seasons of plenty. You see, in life… things happen. And occasionally they spin totally out of your control. You never know when you’ll have an emergency, a sudden left turn or get stuck without a job.
Sometimes you plant the right seeds, you till, you slave and you nourish those seeds. But if you plant during a season of drought you might not be seeing the crop you worked so hard for.
The only way to see yourself through these times, is to prepare for the season of famine. If you are gluttonous or a spoiled brat addicted to pleasures, you will not survive the famine! He who tills his land will have plenty of food, But he who follows empty pursuits will have poverty in plenty. (Proverbs 28:19)
Learn to get your body off the drugs of spending on pleasures and luxuries. You need to condition yourself to live a simple a life so you can accumulate wealth while others are going broke. This will also provide you with a reserve during the seasons of famine.
What season are you currently in? If you are in seasons of plenty:
- Work on paying off your debt NOW, while you can.
- Simplify your lifestyle, sell stuff you don’t need and live on less.
- Don’t spend every dime you make! If you spend every dollar you make, you are not being a good steward of your seeds. But you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.(Deuteronomy 8:18)
If you are in a season of famine:
- Don’t use credit cards to keep up a facade of financial stability. SIMPLIFY
- If you don’t have an income, get one now. Whiners will starve, do-ers will win (and eat).
- Take responsibility and make the needed changes. Stop blaming the economy, the job market, your parents or whatever!
- Grow your skills. Especially with people. Remember, opportunity comes from people and so does money.
- Stop looking for the easy way to succeed. It will lead you to a dead end!
- As soon as you start making money, don’t spend it! Refer to back to the tips for seasons of plenty.
Our first 10 years in business we made money and repeatedly lost it! After that we finally got smart and figured out how to make, keep and grow it.
It starts with killing your greed and gluttony. Great wealth is in the house of the righteous, But trouble is in the income of the wicked.(Proverbs 15:6) I’m not saying you can’t have fun or pleasures. I’m saying get off the drug of excess. You will massively decrease your stress once you simplify.
Don’t fear your season of famine, prepare for it! Share your thoughts with me on today’s message and don’t forget to Like and Share this with your friends or family. What season is your life in?
Have an amazing day and stay blessed